Monday, January 15, 2024

Once Again in Cedar Key...

For many years now, we've been spending some Winter time in Cedar Key, Florida. If you follow my blog, you've been with me before.  Cedar Key's great charm is that it is a small, 'Old Florida' town with lots of great houses and cottages and charming storefront and restaurant facades. It has the 'old timey' feel that truly appeals to me; all with a Florida on the Gulf  color palette - and that's before I get around to my alterings and amplifications! lol.

After our typical morning meanderings, afternoons are a perfect time to review my photos and see what speaks to me and do some 'collage-ing'. 

2nd Street Cafe is our go-to place for breakfast. And Miss Betty is one of our favorite servers. She's 80+ and is indeed the friendly face you see right here. 

2nd Street Cafe and Betty collage
Cedar Key series

 

Amongst the colorful cottages and lovely Victorians, there are also some vintage wooden buildings that catch my eye.  Cedar Key is known for its many cats and although there are indeed armadillos in the area, I didn't actually meet one at Wells Wood.


Wells Wood collage
Cedar Key series


Kiss Coffee House & Grill, food-truck style,  offers specialty roast coffee, as well as BBQ and great things such as Brisket Chili. 


BBQ with Patti collage
Cedar Key series


Here for awhile longer. Fortunate me.


Till next time.








2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Girl...you are the bomb. These images make me cry (in a good way) as well as laugh out loud. In the heart of the crow, in the heart of Patti, in the heart of all things retro and nostalgic, AND in the heart of Frida and Deigo...REJOICE! The D person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armadillo! Let us know if you see
    one! Enjoy those gulf colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!