Friday, January 11, 2019

Cedar Key Florida Wintering Again - 2019


I'm in my happy place for rest, recovery renewal - Cedar Key -  a funky 'Old Florida" town on the Gulf Coast.  Since we discovered this place a few years ago after our friend Donna sent us an article on the funky found-object-decorated Low Key Hideawa 5-room motel, we've made it an annual retreat.


The famous Tiki Bar @ Low Key Hideaway






The Old Florida architecture and the arty sensibility are perfect inspirations for what I call my 'regional' collages - collage with my own photographs, altered and enhanced, almost always 'collaged' while I'm in town.  Many of the elements in the collages are items from around town that I have extracted from the photos. My idea of fun and a good time.


Welcome to Cedar Key



Widdon Street Moderne



Annie's


And my favorite photo this trip

Mr D and his Crew




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!