Tuesday, February 21, 2023

More Cedar Key-ing

If you follow my blog, you may have noticed I don't post frequently - except during these travel times.  It's interesting working with a focused frame, as it were, using photos from my travels as the anchor of each collage. I call these my 'regional collages'.  Mid-afternoons have become the 'back at the ranch' time from our meanderings and when I collage.  

My friend Perry Fitzhugh once said to me that he thought he would enjoy working for Sesame Street, where you have to be creative with simple themes, like numbers, letters and concepts like up and down and have to stay within that focus. I find there is a different creative feeling to work within the frame of the trip. And at home, I don't have the openness to spend every afternoon at the collage pallet.  Travel bonus!

The background building in this collage is indeed vintage and is all gray weathered wood. It has been abandoned for many years and the only unused building on 2nd Street, the main street here. At one point, many little found-art assemblages were nailed to the walls, but this year they are mostly gone with a few new drawings on the walls. 


            




Here vintage people, with vintage-inspired Mr. Pearl, appreciate Old Florida Cedar Key.


Vintage Cedar Key collage - Cedar Key


I've always liked this funky cottage, with a yard full of Flamingos and the doll who lives on the porch. 

Dolly House Cottage  collage - Cedar Key
 
And truly, how could one pass up using this chicken shorts gal in a collage. Not me, for sure.

Till next time.





1 comment:

  1. Deeeee"E"light-full. Love traveling with you vicariously. I like the chicken shorts, but LOVE those red tights!! Deb of Different Light Studio.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!