Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lipstick Pens! In the Studio and Fall Foilage Arts Festival


Sometimes the internet is just too cool.  So awhile back I bought a lipstick pen at Michael's.  A great shiny plastic pen that looks like, you got it, a lipstick without it's cap.  I found it a great element in a piece I having going.  So great, that I decided I would like to use these pens as one of my 'feature' items, like shoes and doll hands, etc.  So hello ebay.  In less than a week, I had a whole supply direct from China for very little money.  I am a happy artist.

Lipstick Pens!  I ordered red only but these pink ones arrived as well.


Here is my first lipstick pen and apparently, a self-portrait in the mirror as well


I've been busy in the studio, with several pieces going at once.  Thought I'd capture some 'set ups' shots.  'Set ups' is the term I use when I begin to layout out the possible arrangement of a piece.  I have some sticky tack that I use to temporarily hold pieces in place.

A pink lipstick may have found her place.

One of the giant baby heads finds his box.  The bottles is full of tiny doll arms.

These heads are so wacky!  And they definitely belong in a polka-dot box.


And very exciting for me, I just learned that I have been accepted to participate in the Waynesboro, Fall Foliage Art Festival, as an Emerging Artist.  This is such a great opportunity.  I'll share a booth with other artists and get to share my art for two days.  So the studio lights will be burning.  A special shout-out to Mz Piper Groves, director of SVAC - the Shenandoah Valley Arts Center.

The Fall Festival is an annual event, the 2nd week of October, filling the streets of downtown Waynesboro with fine art.   This year the dates are October 12th & 13th.  For many years now, we have helped my dear pal Deb Booth, of DifferentLightStudio set up her booth.  We'll be double busy this year!  Come see us.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!