Sunday, June 7, 2020

Covid 19 Heroes redux

In my last post  I shared being inspired by the call from Adobe to create images reflecting our Covid 19 Heroes -https://www.adobe.com/heroes.html.  I was drawn to photos of nurses, many of whom bore the 'scars' of their protective masks and created small portraits. 

I was moved to combine them in a single collage and those same faces inspired me to create a mixed-media assemblage.



My Covid 19 Heroes Angel carries the faces of these heroes, only one of whom I know by name- Kious Jordan Kelly,  He was a nurse at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, gave the ultimate sacrifice. He died from C19 on March 24, 2020. 




These are small offerings of remembrance,  honoring, sharing heart.

Take care. Stay safe. 

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE these oh-so-powerful works, Elisabeth - very visceral and filled with respect and energy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!