Tuesday, June 23, 2020

When Nothing is Certain, Everything is Possible


Art gives us another window to look through. Creating captures your focus and you enter another stream for awhile.  For myself, 'pushing images' around in digital collage or adding bits and pieces together in mixed-media, lets me move away from the often overwhelming-ness of the world and find a 'breather' in an 'other' world.

Before Covid19, I was working on making embellished versions of some of my collages. I extracted key images and mounted them on foam-core to add dimension and then added a high-glaze finish to each piece.  But when everything changed in March, I just put all creating aside for awhile.  Recently, I re-elooked at the collage and realized it's a perfect message for now.

This is the original collage.

When Nothing is Certain - Everything is possible




and the dimensional version with  embellished frame



Friends of mine are creating these days as well.  I love this reminder from SVAC - Shenandoah Valley Art Center, of which I am a member.


Check out our current Members Exhibit.

I contributed my Covid 19 pieces and this, Frida Kali Kwan Yin

Frida Kali Kwan Yin




My dear friend Deb Booth at Different Light Studio found roosters calling to be quilled. Check out the detailed shots of the quilling.


Cock of the Walk by Deb Booth - Quilling







Black Rooster by Deb Booth - Quilling

Quilling detail

Quilling Detail   




















My HeartDaughter Mimi is an amazing craftsperson.  Knitting, quilts, lace, crochet and whatever else catches her fancy.

These magical birds were my birthday gift. The pattern echoes Mexican designs.

And a too cute Snow Bird for her friend Margaret.

























Quilt in progress


So create! Make Art. Wash your hands. 

Take care. Stay safe. Be safe for others.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are 'pushing images around' in collage efforts - your Fridas are wonnnnderful. Thanks so much for featuring my work - those roosters sure came as a surprise! Onward with your wonderful creations, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!