Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The Darkling Series continues

These Tarot-like images have been coming to me for awhile now.  I like how they 'pop' into my head and how they morph as I work on them.   Their names and titles arrive whole or evolve.  And I know there are fuller 'stories' behind them, but they've not really emerged.  But people do share with me the stories they see in the images. I like the sense of communication that seems enmeshed with them.

In that vein, this collage was inspired by Alice.  After I shared the Darklings Series post on Facebook, Alice asked 'Will one of your Darklings be a Keeper of the Crossroads? Crossroads are places of great magic.' Her comment really spoke to me. 

Our strong Guardian is accompanied by Feline, Canine and Crow energy at the Crossroad.  Georgia O'Keeffe holds open a portal to Otherwhere.

 

Guardian of the Crossroads - Darkling Series

 

 

This first came to me as Compassion and Strength, but then I had a dream of Redwood trees and the particular strength of Endurance arose.

 

Compassion & Endurance collage - Darkling Series

 





 


3 comments:

  1. I just adore this series, and I’m so glad you’re inspired to continue with it. Long may the Darklings speak to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beat the Blue carpets of your days with these round custom size rugs that are made to fit perfectly with your living room.
    jute mats
    indian rugs
    chindi rugs
    jute carpets online india

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information on outsider art. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!