Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Fall, Yellow, the Joans and Thankfulness

Today is a very crisp Fall day and here, the leaves of color are almost gone.  But it was a very vibrant Fall indeed, which inspired this collage.  Here we have one of my fairy creatures, Nix - the Crow-Hare fairy speaking as Fall.  You've seen her before as Spring.

Mythical beings often show up in my work.  I feel the presence of  Other.  Archetypal images populate most of my collages, from my point of view.  Retro images, retro people,people of different looks and styles, architecture, things and so forth, always carry a wider meaning than the image itself.  At least that is the feeling for me as I am drawn to them and find the juxtapositions that speak to me.


Fall - Nix, Crow-Hare Fairy collage

These two collages were a surprise to me.  After I recovered from a recent surgery, I found them in a folder labeled 'Working Collage', patiently waiting to complete, as I had forgotten them.

The very early, late 1920's image of Joan Crawford was the first image that caught my eye.  But we travel in these images up to the present day, with Tami Neilson rocking her retro look.


Retro Joans Collage

 

The fantastic yellow gown anchored this piece, joined, again,  by women of various eras.


Yellow Mayfair Collage

 

And Fall closes with Thanksgiving.  Whatever your feelings about the heritage of this holiday, I like to embrace it in its fullest spirit - a day of gathering and anchoring in thankfulness.  Why not?  

Thanksgiving - Mindful Gratitude Collage


Till next time.




3 comments:

  1. Your collages always speak to me. Sometimes, they whisper quietly of cherished days long past, but often they speak of future joys as yet unseen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute blog and fun to read! The crow at the end is cute too. Yes, Thanksgiving is for being thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Crow Hare Fairy may be making an appearance in my d&d game soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!