Monday, January 22, 2018

Savannah 2018


I'm happy again to be spending time in Savannah - a lovely, vibrant city with a touch of funk.  It's home to SCAD ~ Savannah College of Art and Design, which brings an emphasis on art and a great energy from its students I appreciate.  SCAD has also been instrumental in rescuing and restoring many buildings in Savannah and it is now part of its mission.

Savannah is most known for its many parks and squares, lovely green spaces with old live oaks and other trees and plantings,  and its beautiful old architecture.  But my eye is drawn to the off-beat and other.

I came across both these properties in the same block on Martin Luther King Boulevard. Fortunate I am.  There is renovation going on in the building they are in and I hope they're funky-ness will continue to have a home there.

Obviously  Kustom Hustle Tattoo has a most eclectic shop and apparently that same sensibility is present in the great reputation for ink.



Kustom Tattoo collage ~ Savannah


The Lion and Bear were hanging out on MLK.  The Tiger joined in.  The COA sign is ubiquitous in the Historic District. Certificate of Appropriateness.  Hearings and approvals have to be given for renovations, signage, etc.  I am not sure I would always be deemed appropriate.

Lions Tigers & Bears ~ Oh My! collage ~ Savannah
The Universe Trading Company had all the odd treasures you would imagine and many were surprisingly inexpensive but alas nothing called my name.  Yet.



1 comment:

Thanks for sharing!