Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Those Girls Again



So the other day I was looking at the dolls I use in many of my assemblages, and thought I should photograph them and use the images as design elements in collage.  These 6-7" porcelain dolls just speak to me. The seem to carry some essence of  'beingness' that says something, but I really don't know what.  And I don't mind a bit that I don't really know.

Pieces involving the Girls pop up pretty regularly.  After stamping the dolls in the first piece with letters,  I continued that theme - trading off with numbers or letters - thus they became the Alpha & Numeral girls.  The dolls in the collage sport punctuation marks instead of letters & numbers.  There's always a rebel in the bunch.


The Alpha & Numeral Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!