Monday, December 2, 2013

Collaging, and Bits and Pieces

I've been doing a lot of digital collage lately, for myself and gifts and cards.  Since the Fall Foliage Art Show I haven't done any multi-media assemblage work, except to complete a couple pieces.  Hmmm - maybe packing, repacking and moving the abundance of work I had on hand, dampened the energy for such work for a bit.  Of course, as soon as I write that, I confess that I just ordered online a wonderful torso that I am planning to alter.

This pieces are bits of whimsy and it makes me laugh.


Monopolized mixed-media
Route 66 mixed-media






This piece is made from a jewelry hanger. These 'torso' jewelry hangers are pretty available now and I've used them as bases for other pieces.  I was going to embellish her further by hanging items from her curly 'hangers', when I realized she would be quite nice to actually use as a jewelry hanger, so she is a practical girl.  She's on offer at the gift shop of the Shenandoah Valley Art Center now.



Blue Jewelrygirl



 I've been very intrigued by Mountain Lions as of late and she has inspired some collage work.





Mountain Lion Crow Mother

The wonderful crow woman on the right in this collage is a 'Mother Crow with Tree of Crows' gourd art doll by Jeanne Fry and you can purchase it at ArtFire.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!