Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Nellie Mae Rowe - Remarkable!

I don't recall how I came across Nellie Mae Rowe; sure I was searching for one thing or another. But the vibrancy of her and her art just jumped off the screen for me.  A life-taught artist from Fayette County, Georgia; born on a farm in 1900. She had quite a life travel and went from that farm to the Smithsonian Museum.  


You can read a lot about her life and work, such as at Wikipedia,  but my favorite piece is this one at SoulsRunDeep, where she tells her story in the her own words.

Among the many photos of her, I was most drawn to this one of her standing outside her door and had a wonderful time highlighting and altering it and finding elements from Nellie's work to dance in my collage.  It was a delight feeling simpatico with her and inspired by her.  Thanks Miss Nellie.


Nellie Mae collage


Till another time.





1 comment:

Thanks for sharing!