Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Cedar Key Florida Redux 2018


Fortunate gal me, I am back in Cedar Key once again. This funky Gulf-Coast, or as some say, Forgotten Coast, town is one of my favorite places to rest, renew and be inspired.  I now have an ongoing Cedar Key collage series from the past several years and look forward to continuing it. The Island architecture and colors really speak to me.  Cedar Key boasts two art galleries, so the funky vibe in town has an extra artistic dash to it.

We discovered Cedar Key from an article sent to me by my dear friend Donna about the assemblage art at Low Key Hideaway Motel.  Check out my original blog post here


Here's a glimpse of  the two main drags in "downtown" Cedar Key - 2nd Street & Dock Street.

Dock Street

Welcome Center - 2nd Street
Gulf view

Island Arts Gallery - 2nd Street




Island Inn Hotel Est 1859 - 2nd Street






Inspired by the wonderful Flamingo-ed Cedar Key Bed & Breakfast, although the collage flamingo is waaay beyond actual size.




Flamingoed collage ~ Cedar Key


I don't know if this Nutcracker is a full-time guardian of this cottage or just for the Holidays, but I thought he was a perfect invitation for this quartet of vintage boys.




Nutcracker Cottage Boys ~ Cedar Key


Till next time

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing your environs and the inspiration they've provided. Keep playing and having fun, and resting and relaxing and renewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!